The Service Technician is responsible for servicing and repairing Caterpillar earth-moving
equipment in the shop.
Main Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Service Technician must be capable of removal and installation of components
by following the appropriate service manual. He/she must disassemble and properly
reassemble components, determine which parts are reusable using pertinent Service
or Parts information, and demonstrate proper use of available diagnostic equipment
and special tools.
- He/ she must be familiar with various exchange items offered by Caterpillar and
evaluate price of exchange vs. cost of repair.
- Furthermore, the Service Technician is responsible for documenting the work done
on the equipment on the computer and utilizing Caterpillar specific service report
- The Service Technician must be able to complete work assignments within allotted
time and secure and maintain appropriate licensing.
Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Key skills and competences:
- Associate degree or equivalent from four-year College or technical school (NATIN)
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing diesel-powered earth-moving
- Prior experience with Caterpillar equipment is preferred.
- Computer skills: Be able to navigate a computer to open programs and type
information into Caterpillar specific software.
- Good command of Dutch and English, written and spoken
Shift: if applicable on customer rotation
Hours: Max. 9 hours
80% at the dealer, 20% at customer site (as required)
SURMAC facilities in Paramaribo & Wanica.
SURMAC offers a well-paid job added with a competitive benefit- and rewards package.
We also offer a learning workplace with a professional business culture in which our
employee will be able to innovate day-by-day learning from excellent resources available,
leading to a satisfied employee experience every day.
Submitting of your application
Email your motivation letter together with your curriculum vitae before March 24, 2021 to
the Service Manager of SURMAC, Mr. Illio Olivieira at the email address
email@example.com and the Human Resource Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.