Job Posting: Technical Learning & Development Coordinator
SURMAC is the authorized Caterpillar dealer in Suriname established in 1957. We
are proud of the legacy of SURMAC of having achieved almost 63 years of supplying
the most important development sectors of Suriname, mining, power generation,
forestry, agriculture, marine, transportation, building & construction. We keep our
workplaces safe and care for the environment and community in which we operate
and aim to achieve the highest customer satisfaction by providing customized
solutions in helping our customers achieve their goals.
For the SURMAC Education Center we are looking for a result oriented
Technical Learning & Development Coordinator
Primary responsibility will be to support the organization in the continuous learning
and development of its technical staff, by creating, monitoring and maintaining
development plans, based on input from Service Supervisors and the Training
Manager, and by serving as a single point of contact and advise for our technical staff
with regards to the progress and possible issues with their development plans.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are limited to:
- Collaborate with Surmac Technical staff about training courses and training schedules
- Manage deadlines and progress to ensure timely start and delivery of training
- Oversee training schedules and make adjustments where needed to prevent disruption of Service Department operations
- Keep records of student training according to SEC policy and procedures
- Create, maintain and update development plans for Surmac technical staff, based on input from Service Supervisors and the Training Manager
- Plan and schedule Web Based Training (WBT) and Instructor Led Training (ILT) based on available resources (training rooms, PC’s, Trainers)
- Serve as an advisor towards Surmac Service Technicians and other Technical staff to optimize progress in their individual development plans
- Run and present reports and stats to stakeholders showing progress in the development plans
- Organize training for Surmac non-technical staff upon request from the HRD department
- Train and support technical and non-technical personnel in the use of DPC
- Monitor and review metrics to ensure L&D efforts and results are efficiently and effectively meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Pull reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to track learning progress and support the data requests within the organization.
- Monitor and review the department’s quality management system and excellence programs, assuring compliance with ISO and Caterpillar
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Education and work experience on higher professional level (didactic/administrative)
- Three years or more of work experience in Planning and Coordinating roles, Training and Development or administrative roles
- Basic technical knowledge and /or affinity is a plus
- Instructional design experience and knowledge of adult learning principles is preferred
- Well-developed organizational skills including the ability to manage and prioritize a wide range of tasks
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of computer software products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to communicate with internal and external clients and vendors
- Excellent analytic skills and high degree of comfort with detailed processes Project management skills and organizational skills, ability to research, review processes, plan and effectively manage time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Customer oriented
Surmac facilities in Paramaribo and Wanica.
Submitting of your application
If you are interested in this job role, you can submit your application to the HR
Manager, mail to email@example.com
You are required to send your application through e-mail. Application should be sent
in no later than March 24, 2020